"Some people do not have to search, for they find their niche easily in life and rest there seemingly contented and resigned. At times, I envy them, but usually I do not understnad..and seldom do they understnad me. I am on of the searches. There are, I believe, millionsof us. We are not unhappy, but n neither are we completely content. We continue to explore life, hoping to uncover its ultimate secret. We continue to explore ourselves hoping to understand. We like to walk along the beach, we are drawn by the ocean, taken by its power and unceasing motion, its mystery and unspeakable beauty. We like forests, mountains, deserts, hiddern rivers, and lovely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as our laughter; to share our sadness with the ones we love is perhaps as great a joy as we know. Unless it is to share our laughter. We searchers are ambitious but only for life itself and anything beautiful it can provide. Most of all, we want to love and be loved, to live in a relationship that will not impede our wanderings and prevail our search. We do not want to prove ourselves to others or compete for love. This passage is for wanderers, dreamers, and lovers who dare to ask of life, everything which is good and beautiful." ~Found in the door of a deserted store in Colorado

Saturday, December 1, 2007

Birthday's Continued and Other Adventures

This blog covers everything from my birthday to the Smith Party to skiing Grand Targhee..so much fun over the past week! With Megan's birthday and my birthday, I feel like we have been celebrating birthday's for weeks...which is awesome...just like home :) We finally had some significant snow fall Tuesday and Wednesday! So...I headed to the Gee (Grand Targhee) yesterday which was amazing! Here are some of my pictures from the past week...enjoy :)

Jenny and I in the Village on my birthday...it snowed!!! So beautiful!!!

Opening birthday presents from home! Thanks family :)


More presents...so FUN!
Best of all...Mom's Cookies...YUM!!!

Jenny wrote "Happy Birthday Rach!" in the snow on our front porch!

At The Wort for some Bluegrass music and drinks with great friends...Megan, Jenny, Robbie, Me, and Tori...they truly made my birthday soooo special :)




The girls on my birthday...love them!




The Smith Party at the Moose!


The Smith limo outside the Moose




Travis wearing Megan's jacket...I laughed til my checks hurt!



Jason and Jenny at the Moose.



Grand Targhee...skiing for the first time this season...so GREAT!



Looking down on Idaho from the ski lift.


Looking up the mountain from the ski lift...great first day of skiing!

So, that is all for now...more to come for sure! I am at work right now...pretty slow...but the mountain does open today which is very exciting :) Things are still going great out here in Jackson...I am continuously meeting new people and experiencing new things! Life is great! Love and miss you all bunches and bunches...thinking about you very often. I will be posting more pics and updates soon...see ya and love you :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in absolute awe of you right now....you are doing something that I have always wanted to do, and to see you so happy and enjoying life, almost makes me cry. I am so, so happy for you and I can't wait to see all the upcoming blog posts........Love you always,
~Les

Anonymous said...

HI SWEETIE,
LET'S SEE SOME ACTION SHOTS FROM THE SLOPS;THEN WE WILL BE TALKING HAPPY "SNOW" TRAILS.

LOVE YOU,
DAD

Anonymous said...

HI HONEY, Loved your pictures and your story to go along with them.
Jackson Hole is beautiful..so glad you are there to enjoy that land!
Your friends seem like they are a lot of fun...and I am glad they all helped with your Birthday! Can't wait to come see you but can't wait to see you at Christmas time (or around then)!!
Love you and miss you more than you will ever know. MOM