"Some people do not have to search, for they find their niche easily in life and rest there seemingly contented and resigned. At times, I envy them, but usually I do not understnad..and seldom do they understnad me. I am on of the searches. There are, I believe, millionsof us. We are not unhappy, but n neither are we completely content. We continue to explore life, hoping to uncover its ultimate secret. We continue to explore ourselves hoping to understand. We like to walk along the beach, we are drawn by the ocean, taken by its power and unceasing motion, its mystery and unspeakable beauty. We like forests, mountains, deserts, hiddern rivers, and lovely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as our laughter; to share our sadness with the ones we love is perhaps as great a joy as we know. Unless it is to share our laughter. We searchers are ambitious but only for life itself and anything beautiful it can provide. Most of all, we want to love and be loved, to live in a relationship that will not impede our wanderings and prevail our search. We do not want to prove ourselves to others or compete for love. This passage is for wanderers, dreamers, and lovers who dare to ask of life, everything which is good and beautiful." ~Found in the door of a deserted store in Colorado

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

More Snowshoeing Adventures

Yesterday I had the opportunity to go on a guided snowshoeing tour for FREE thanks to Megan and Justin! A guided tour is different because the guide has an immense amount of knowledge about the area, the geography, and nature. Cathy, our guide was great and showed us a fantastic time. The day was really really cold...about 5 degrees...its hard to notice sometimes though while hiking and working up a good sweat. The group included Megan, Justin, me, and four others from New York who were visiting Jackson. It was a great day...I think I am really liking the snowshoeing thing! Here are a couple pics from yesterday...enjoy :)

Megan and I starting out our hike...being silly :)

Stoping for a minute...


Taking in the view!
Megan and Justin on top of the ridge...it was beautiful up there and brrrr cold!


Megan and I on the ridge showing off our snowshoe's :)

Other than snowshoeing, I am still skiing as much as possible...though believe it or not, today was too cold for me to ski! I think at noon it was -8...brrrrr! They actually cancelled school for the little ones because it is so cold. Today would have been a great day...a blue sky day...but I decided to take it easy and run some errands around town and take a day off from skiing. I always feel so guilty if I don't ski...but some days just aren't good for it. Other than skiing, I am working and enjoying life in Jackson. Jenny is set to come back on the 30th of this month...we are all so very excited for her return!!! I hope all is well with everyone...I miss you all bunches and bunches!!! Talk to you soon...see ya :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

So...I JUST realized that you are in the picture that's in the top of your blog...i think i'm officially an idiot!

LOVE YOU!
M

Jenny said...

I LOVE your cute new jacket!!! :).....and your fun pictures and you. See you soon.

Anonymous said...

I THINK SOME SNOW SHOEING MIGHT BE IN MY FUTURE.

LOVE YOU
DAD

Anonymous said...

HI BABY....I loved your snowshoeing pictures! Your Snow Angel is beautiful...I just dont know if I could snowshoe all day like you young ones can...but will give it a try for an opportunity to see the landscape. Your activites wear me out girl!
Love and miss you....do me a favor...I would LOVE A PICTURE of YOU without all the snow gear on...it's been forever since I have seen your beautiful FACE....LOVE YOU DEARLY..BE SAFE ALWAYS...ENJOY THE RIDE MOM