"Some people do not have to search, for they find their niche easily in life and rest there seemingly contented and resigned. At times, I envy them, but usually I do not understnad..and seldom do they understnad me. I am on of the searches. There are, I believe, millionsof us. We are not unhappy, but n neither are we completely content. We continue to explore life, hoping to uncover its ultimate secret. We continue to explore ourselves hoping to understand. We like to walk along the beach, we are drawn by the ocean, taken by its power and unceasing motion, its mystery and unspeakable beauty. We like forests, mountains, deserts, hiddern rivers, and lovely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as our laughter; to share our sadness with the ones we love is perhaps as great a joy as we know. Unless it is to share our laughter. We searchers are ambitious but only for life itself and anything beautiful it can provide. Most of all, we want to love and be loved, to live in a relationship that will not impede our wanderings and prevail our search. We do not want to prove ourselves to others or compete for love. This passage is for wanderers, dreamers, and lovers who dare to ask of life, everything which is good and beautiful." ~Found in the door of a deserted store in Colorado

Friday, April 4, 2008

Hiking the "Elevator Shaft"

The Elevator Shaft is a hike in bounds at the mountain that leads to the Head Wall, Crags, and Casper Bowl areas. It is called Elevator Shaft because it is literally straight up! The hike took roughly 40 minutes and it was so steep right at the top that I was literally on my hands and knees climbing up because standing was impossible. This hike was definitely challenging but also definitely worth every step! We skied Casper Bowl and it was a fantastic run! I hiked with Jesse and Megan and we had a blast :) This was probably one of the best last days of skiing for the season. So fun but sad too because the mountain will be closing this Sunday the 6th :( It has been a FANTASTIC season and winter full of exciting adventures and tons of snow...about 600" to be exact! Well, here are a couple pictures from the hike. Enjoy :)

This is me hiking up...Megan is taking the picture and that is Jesse in front of me.


Me, Jesse, and Megan at the top and some other guy in the corner. It was snowing that day so the view wasn't as clear but it was AMAZING none-the-less!
Well, this is a short blog but I hope you enjoyed anyhow! The winter is coming to a close though it is still very cold here and it is still managing to snow...incredible. I have enjoyed and loved this winter more than words can describe but I am definitely ready for some Spring and Summer weather...and not to mention WARM SUN! I am so pale, I think I am purple! Fortunately Jenny and I are taking a road trip to southern California at the end of April. We are heading to Carlsbad which is just north of San Diego to beach camp and then driving north up the coast to Ventura to camp and hike the Channel Islands which are just off the coast of Ventura and then on to Yosemite Park! I am beyond excited and ready for some warm sun and new adventures!
That is all for now. Love and miss everyone tons and tons! XOXO :)

No comments: