"Some people do not have to search, for they find their niche easily in life and rest there seemingly contented and resigned. At times, I envy them, but usually I do not understnad..and seldom do they understnad me. I am on of the searches. There are, I believe, millionsof us. We are not unhappy, but n neither are we completely content. We continue to explore life, hoping to uncover its ultimate secret. We continue to explore ourselves hoping to understand. We like to walk along the beach, we are drawn by the ocean, taken by its power and unceasing motion, its mystery and unspeakable beauty. We like forests, mountains, deserts, hiddern rivers, and lovely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as our laughter; to share our sadness with the ones we love is perhaps as great a joy as we know. Unless it is to share our laughter. We searchers are ambitious but only for life itself and anything beautiful it can provide. Most of all, we want to love and be loved, to live in a relationship that will not impede our wanderings and prevail our search. We do not want to prove ourselves to others or compete for love. This passage is for wanderers, dreamers, and lovers who dare to ask of life, everything which is good and beautiful." ~Found in the door of a deserted store in Colorado

Monday, October 20, 2008

Missing Reese


Well, Reese is safe and sound at Mom and Dad's...but me...not so good. I had to send Reese to live with Mom and Dad for a bit because my new place doesn't allow dogs. I am absolutely sick about not having her here. I wasn't really sure how things would be...but they are tough :( I didn't want to send her back at all but I didn't have a choice. Finding housing that allows dogs around this town is very difficult. She flew back to Atlanta yesterday from Idaho Falls. Jay and I took our time driving back to Jackson...I wasn't ready to go back to my house where Reese wouldn't be there to great me as she always was...so excited EVERY time I walked in the door. That is one thing I love about dogs, especially Reese, they are always so happy to see you :) Well, I kept busy the rest of yesterday and last night but then this morning when I went home and walked in the door to no little Reese jumping up and down and dying to go for a walk...I lost it. I was consumed with sadness and loneliness. She was my best little pal and always there...always. I know as the days go by things will get easier, but right now they are not so easy and I miss her bunches and bunches. I know she is living in the best possible place she could live...at Mom and Dad's with 5 acres and 2 other dogs to run and play with all day. I couldn't ask for more and I am so blessed that Mom and Dad are so willing to let her live with them and take care of her like she is their own. I know you are probably thinking that she is just a dog...but she was more than just a dog, she was my best little friend and she has been apart of my life day in and day out for 3 1/2 years. It is my day to day routine that has been turned upside down and that will be so hard. I hate that it was so difficult for me to find a place that would allow her, but around here it is just so hard and I couldn't pass on the opportunity and location of my new place. The apartment is through my employer. They offer employee housing to full time/year round employees and they don't gouge you on the rent. So, for my situation, I couldn't pass on this deal.

Anywhoooo, with all that being said, I just wanted to share with you where Reese is living now and why I don't have her anymore. I am very sad right now but I know I couldn't ask for a better home for Reese to live than Mom and Dad's. Fortunately dogs have short memories and she is already loving life and happy as can be. Me on the other hand...I just need some time.

Thanks for listening...writing all of this out has been nice. If any of you stop by the house, give Reese a big hug and kiss for me. Love and miss everyone bunches but I will be home in 10 days!!!

No comments: