"Some people do not have to search, for they find their niche easily in life and rest there seemingly contented and resigned. At times, I envy them, but usually I do not understnad..and seldom do they understnad me. I am on of the searches. There are, I believe, millionsof us. We are not unhappy, but n neither are we completely content. We continue to explore life, hoping to uncover its ultimate secret. We continue to explore ourselves hoping to understand. We like to walk along the beach, we are drawn by the ocean, taken by its power and unceasing motion, its mystery and unspeakable beauty. We like forests, mountains, deserts, hiddern rivers, and lovely cities as well. Our sadness is as much a part of our lives as our laughter; to share our sadness with the ones we love is perhaps as great a joy as we know. Unless it is to share our laughter. We searchers are ambitious but only for life itself and anything beautiful it can provide. Most of all, we want to love and be loved, to live in a relationship that will not impede our wanderings and prevail our search. We do not want to prove ourselves to others or compete for love. This passage is for wanderers, dreamers, and lovers who dare to ask of life, everything which is good and beautiful." ~Found in the door of a deserted store in Colorado

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Pumpkin Season

The past couple weeks I have been dying to go to a pumpkin patch and pick out a pumpkin and carve it...hay ride and all. The weather is finally just right for it (well except for the few bouts of snow we have had recently) but none-the-less, it is fall and time to go pumpkin hunting. Well, apparently it is too cold to grow pumpkins in this part of the world so we were unsuccessful in finding a pumpkin patch. I never really imagined a place where pumpkin patches don't exist...but oh well. So, Jay and I headed out to Albertson's (a local grocery store) to pick out our pumpkin. We had a great time...I cleaned out the guts of the pumpkin, Jay carved it, and I toasted the pumpkin seeds afterwards! I love this time of year! Below are some pictures from our evening of pumpkin carving. Enjoy :)

Jay starting to carve the pumpkin.

Evaluating what to do next...
Part way through...looking good!

Carving the mouth

And he is done! Looks GREAT :)

Say cheese :)

The master pumpkin carver!

All lit up outside

First time ever toasting pumpkin seeds. We did one batch regular with just salt and butter and one batch with cinnamon, ginger, salt, and butter...YUM! They turned out pretty good for my first time but I definitely put too much butter on...whoops. Still pretty tasty though :)


Who ever said wine and pumpkin seeds don't go together...wine goes with EVERYTHING :)

So, I am officially starting to move my things into my new place in the village. And hopefully moving everything this weekend. I am very excited about the move and my new place. Can't wait to get settled in! AND...I will be home in 8 days...can't wait to see you all! Hope all is well! Big hugs and kisses :) LOVE YOU!

No comments: